23 November 2009

I'm not as sweet as I used to be.

It's a good thing I'd already emailed everyone the details of my 40th birthday celebration. Because if I'd waited to actually invite them via my proper, real world, paper invitations, I may have found I'd left it too late and everyone's dance cards were full. So the invitations are but a formality, and yet, here's my point: they're done!

I decided to make them in the middle of a packing frenzy, when I'd already boxed up all my photos and slides. Luckily, I had this photo on my other blog, which I changed to sepia to better suit the colour scheme of the card, and I felt my expression in it conveyed the sentiment I was trying to express.


Also, due to the packing frenzy and having no time - no time! - I had to keep them fairly simple. All those strips and bits of paper and pieces of ribbon were fairly fiddly and time consuming, but I drew the line at inking edges of paper for that finished look. Maybe in ten years' time I'll look back and think, "I should have inked, dammit. I should. have. inked!!", and there will be a great wailing and gnashing of teeth, but too bad. I'm just glad I've got invitations out.


And, wide wide world of webs, I even made one where I could show you the insides:


There are table decorations in the works, too. After all, it is my fortieth birthday. I really should make an effort. Check back here later on for progress on those.

I haven't ordered a cake yet. I was thinking of getting chocolate and vanilla cupcakes iced with green and pink icing. But I might just go for a Princess cake from Miss Maud's. I love Princess cake, and the green icing and raspberry jam would be thematically appropriate.

No comments: